Parents say: “ I have changed the way I speak to my child, praising the effort and time put in – not the result” “I couldn’t think of a better place for my boys” “ the teachers always put children first here and settle unhappy kids well”
Grove Street Kindergarten offers:
- A strong sense of community
- A well established spacious outdoor play area
- Teachers who are qualified and fully registered and committed to their ongoing professional development
- Children the opportunity to experience the dual heritage of New Zealand/Aotearoa
- A well developed Transition to School programme
- Opportunities for risk taking and challenges
- A variety of experiences which support children’s creativity
- Group experiences which support children’s learning
- Excursions that support children’s interests
- Children/whanau the opportunities to learn about sustainability
Parents who do not attest their 20 hours ECE to the kindergarten, pay a fee of $3.84 per enrolled hour.
All parents are asked for a Family Contribution of 30c per enrolled hour to cover additional costs not covered by the Ministry of Education funding. Parents can claim this as a donation for tax purposes.